The River above Asia Oceania Ecclesial Network (RAOEN) is pleased to introduce the first issue of its quarterly newsletter, The River Above.
With the Church continuing to embark on its synodal journey, we are called to listen to the voices in the margins and seek to strengthen our commitments in caring for oceans, forests, and people.
RAOEN hopes to share stories and voices from Oceania and Asia in an effort to enable greater connectivity with local communities and faith experiences, and foster spaces of dialogue and action in upholding the integrity of people and the biome.
In this first issue, we share the following stories:
- What it means to be synodal
- Voices of concern from Fiji, Myanmar, and Aotearoa
- Youth share their hopes and ideas for grounded action in caring for the Common home during the Caritas Oceania Laudato Si’ Forum
- From Querida Amazonia: Pope Francis’ dreams for the Church and the biome
- Call to Action: Contribute to the narrative
- Upcoming events and conferences
The River Above newsletter, Volume 1, Issue 1, October 2022, can be accessed and downloaded here.
We invite you to share with RAOEN your stories or reflections through our email email@example.com. To learn more about Oceania, Asia, and the River Above, please follow RAOEN through its Facebook page and YouTube channel, River Above.