It is RAOEN’s effort to keep the awareness and discussions alive by strengthening the connectivity of communities in the Oceania-Asia biome, to draw together the local faith-context stories, give witness to community experiences, and to communicate this with a sense of hope.
In early February, the the Federation of Catholic Bishops Conferences of Oceania (FCBCO) held a reflective gathering in Suva, Fiji to discern on synodality, mission, and oceans. The gathering gave emphasis to the ‘welcome,’ while the collegiality of the bishops as they humbly listened to each other and engaged in dialogue was renewing. One of the fruits of the assembly is a statement calling for greater care for the Ocean Home. And on 24 to 26 February, FABC delegates gathered in Thailand for The Asian Continental Assembly on Synodality to discern on the draft Continental Stage Document in light of the context in Asia.
In this issue:
- Ocean Synodality: An experience of collegiality and dialogue
- The Ocean Statement: The oceans of the world are interwoven with the future hopes of all peoples
- Voices from the FCBCO Assembly
- Hearing the Cries of the Youth through Tagi
- Asian Voices on Synod: A Radio Veritas Asia interview with Chrisma Bangaoil
- Upcoming events and conferences
To subscribe to The River Above and receive updates and stories, please go to: http://eepurl.com/ii9CSf.
The River Above newsletter, Volume 2, Issue 2, March 2023, can be accessed and downloaded here.
We invite you to share with RAOEN your stories or reflections through our email email@example.com. To learn more about Oceania, Asia, and the River Above, please follow RAOEN through its Facebook page and YouTube channel, River Above.