REPAM – Ecclesial Network on the Amazon Basin
Mauricio Lopez, Coordinator of the Organizing Committee recently shared School for Synodality’s Group Discernment video, the sixth episode of the ‘Practicing Synodality’ webinar series where he shared his journey of synodality as the Executive Secretary of CEAMA (Ecclesial Conference of the Amazon) and as coordinator of the facilitators in the 2023 Rome Synod Assembly.
REBAC – Ecclesial Network on the Congo Basin Forest
A meeting of Bishops of the Orientation Commission of the Ecclesial Network of the Congo Basin (REBAC) and national coordinators of five of the six countries that make up this network was held in Kinshasa from 1 to 4 November 2023 to reflect on the structuring of REBAC.
The Assembly recommended to form an ad hoc committee to draft the restructuring of REBAC which sets out the functions of each component of REBAC with the specific responsibilities and organisation. This draft will be sent to Symposium of the Episcopal Conferences of Africa and Madagascar (SECAM). The purpose of the ad hoc committee is to answer, among other things, the following questions:
- How can the structure and functioning of REBAC in each country be supported?
- How can activities be better coordinated?
- How can the REBAC Orientation Committee be made to work?
- What is its mission? What does it have to do with SECAM?
- What is the relationship between the Justice and Peace Commission/SECAM and REBAC?
- What is the relationship with the regional episcopal conferences?
REGCHAG – Ecclesial Network on the Gran Chaco and Guaraní Aquifer Territory
Bishop Ángel José Macín, Diocese of Reconquista, Argentina, and Coordinator of REGCHAG, shares an analysis and reflection on Pope Francis’ latest Apostolic Exhortation, Laudate Deum: Confirmación y desafío para las redes eclesiales (Laudate Deum: Confirmation and challenge for church networks).