Greetings of Peace in the New Year!
As the first month of 2023 ends, we continue the mission with hope in responding to the socioecological crisis, especially in the margins. With the Church preparing to enter the Continental Stage of the Synod of Synodality, there is a genuine challenge and hope to strengthen awareness and listening to the local indigenous context, and in coming together for the sake of the Ocean, Land, and People.
We also invite you to subscribe to RAOEN’s newsletter, The River Above, whose first issue came out in October last year. To subscribe to The River Above and receive updates and stories, please go to: http://eepurl.com/ii9CSf
For this second issue of The River Above, we share the following stories:
- RAOEN’s review on the 23 synod synthesis reports in Oceania and Asia: Listening to Indigenous Peoples and Talking as Church from where we are
- Voices of concern from Australia, India, and Fiji
- Care for the Oceans: Oceania bishops prepare to gather for the FCBCO Suva Assembly 2023
- Going a Different Way: Responding to Covid-19 and Interconnecting Concerns in Southeast Asia
- A reflection on “The Cries of the Forest and the Poor”
- Indigenous Communities Caring for Creation at the Parramatta Diocese
- “Twin Clouds on the Horizon: A combined climate and debt crisis in the Pacific”: A report by Caritas Oceania and Jubilee Australia Research Centre
- Desires: Faiths at COP15
- Upcoming events and conferences
The River Above newsletter, Volume 1, Issue 2, January 2023, can be accessed and downloaded here.
We invite you to share with RAOEN your stories or reflections through our email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about Oceania, Asia, and the River Above, please follow RAOEN through its Facebook page and YouTube channel, River Above.